YMCA Staff Agreement CS 4
||St Kilians OSHC,
St Kilians PS, 2 Havelock Street, Bendigo, 3550
Are you a passionate Diploma Qualified OSHC Educator looking for a new challenge? Do you care about making a positive impact on children and young people? Do you have exceptional leadership skills? If so, we have the right position for you!
• Bendigo Regional Young Men's Christian Association Youth Services Inc
• Great staff benefits like free access to gyms!
This exciting leadership position oversees the daily operations and strategic development of the Outside of School Hours Care Program. As a motivated and customer focused leader, the OSHC Coordinator will lead a highly engaged and dedicated team of Children's Programs staff in the exceptional delivery of the National Quality Framework in Outside School Hours Care. The role is a multi-skilled position involving leading a team of educators in the supervision of children, program planning and delivery, building relationships with parents, administration and maintaining a healthy and safe environment. You will experience specialist support from a diverse and caring team, as you lead community and family engagement, with children at the heart of our service philosophy.
About the Company
At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About the Centre
At St Kilian's OSHC we operate a 45 place After School Program based at St Kilian's Primary School. The Coordinator will also work in our Bendigo School Holiday Programs.
We working closely with the local community to ensure that we are providing a diverse, engaging program and the highest possible care to all children within our service.
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual.
About the Role
· Demonstrated knowledge, skills and understanding in the implementation and ongoing management of the National Quality Framework.
· Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as well-developed emotional intelligence.
· A working knowledge of appropriate curriculum frameworks and an ability to implement a high quality educational program that reflects the diverse nature of the centre, local and wider community, based on the curriculum frameworks
· The ability to lead and work with educators to develop an inclusive program
· A working knowledge of the National Quality Standards, the Education and Care Services National Law Act 2010 and the Education and Care Services National Regulations 2011
· Demonstrated experience or willingness to undertake training in the education and care of School-Aged children with additional support needs.
How to Apply
Please submit: CV/Resume, Cover Letter, Key Selection Criteria
- Working With Children, Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (Completion upon successful applications)
- Diploma or equivalent qualifications in Early Childhood / Children's Services
- First Aid, CPR, asthma & anaphylaxis training
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to: • a national criminal history check;• an international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas;• holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/ equivalent in accordance with state/ territory laws;• ACF Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (completion online prior to commencement)• Two reference checks.
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.
How to Apply