RE Grade 3 $20.9597 per hour
||Macleod Recreation & Fitness Centre,
157 Wungan Street, Macleod, 3085
Asa Gymnastics Coach you will be responsible for providing coaching experiencesfor children in the YMCA Gymnastics Program.
• Work for an organisation that values diversity.
• Great staff benefits like free access to gyms!
TheGymnastics Coach will enjoy working in a team based working environment andhave a genuine concern for and interest in the wellbeing and educational needsof children. They will plan and deliver challenging and developmentallyappropriate gymnastics programs for children.
About the Company
At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About the Centre
The Macleod Recreation Centre is a facility that offers a wide variety of programs for all. The centre comprises of a fully equipped gymnasium (electronic cardio equipment, machine weights and free weights), Group Fitness, fully equipt Gymnastic facility, Dance studio, 2 program rooms (used for a variety of programs and services), basketball court and tennis courts. The centre is open Monday – Thursday 6am – 10pm, Fridays 6am – 9pm and weekends 8am –5pm.
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual.
About the Role
Capabilities and Behaviours
- Friendly and approachable with a strong customer focus.
- Reliable and responsive
- Enjoys working with a variety of staff and customer demographics.
- A clear understanding of the YMCA values and vision and a desire to work within these values and towards the YMCA Vision.
Knowledge and Experience
- Gymnastics experience (coaching)
- High level of interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Please submit: CV/Resume, Cover Letter
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to:
- Beginner Gymnastics Qualification (Inc: Principles of Coaching in Gym for All, Kindergym, MAG or WAG).
- obtaining or holding a Working With Children Check
- a national criminal history check;
- an international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas;
- Two reference checks.
- Coach registration with Gymnastics Australia is required for YMCA Gymnastics Programs
- HLTAID003 Apply First Aid or equivalent
- HLTAID001 Perform CPR or equivalent
- Advanced Gymnastics Qualification
Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and wellbeing of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework.
Visit our website for further information
How to Apply
31 Aug 2019